Are you looking to spice things up in the bedroom? Let’s be honest, aren’t we all! Whether you’re new to a relationship, or have been married for more than a decade, there is no such thing as too much love. So, let’s see just how easy it is the bring that love to the bedroom with the candle ritual.
What Is The Candle Ritual?
What exactly is this mysterious ritual that promises to awaken the love in your partner? It all boils (note the pun there) down to positive thinking and declaring your intentions out loud. Candles have been used in rituals all throughout history. And they work much the same way as blowing out the birthday candles on a cake while making a wish. But remember – don’t let anyone know the wish or it won’t come true…
Fire is a strong element that represents our inner light. We can use the flam in order to connect with our inner self. The great thing about the candle ritual is that you can perform it however you like, the key is believing in what you’re doing.
What You Need
Are you ready to give the candle ritual a go and attract your other half? Here’s what you need to prepare yourself:
- White seven-day candle – you can also just use any white unscented candle for this.
- Lighter or matches
- Cinnamon and honey
- A bowl of water that the candle can sit in
- Piece of paper and pen
How To Perform The Candle Ritual
There is not strict way to perform this ritual. It’s about your interpretation of it. Make sure you go in with an open mind to ensure you get the most out of your experience.
- You want to head into the ritual feeling good about yourself. Do what you can to get your body feeling this way before you start. You can go for a walk, pop on some meditation, or do a little dance to get you there.
- It’s time to grab your paper and pen and to write out your desires when it comes to the love in your life. Try not to think too hard at this stage, just let the words flow from inside.
- While thinking about these desires, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon and a couple of dollops of honey onto the candle.
- Use some essential oils and rub the outside of the candle as you speak your desires out loud.
- Take your bowl of water and place the candle in the bottom. Pop the piece of paper with the intentions under your bowl.
- Light the candle and place it somewhere out of the way where it can burn peacefully.
Ending The Ritual
It is up to you to decide how long you want to leave the candle burning for. If you’re heading out or have kids around, it is best to blow it out straight away and relight it later when you can.
Once you’re done with the candle, you don’t have to keep it. It’s also up to you what you choose to do with your paper of desires.
Bringing Back The Romance
Whether or not you believe in the power of rituals, it’s important to believe in your desires. If you’re seeking to bring out the love in your relationship and connect with your partner on a deeper level, this can be a great way to do it.
Of course, there are plenty of other ways you can spice up your relationship.
- Set the scene:
Keep the candle burning after your ritual or set up an essential oil diffuser to get the mood ready for the evening ahead. This works two-fold: it helps you to relax and unwind, while also letting your partner know you’re ready to connect.
Grab the massage oils and pamper your loved one. Remember, actions can speak louder than words so it helps to show them how much you care.
It takes time and effort to reconnect with your partner on that deeper level, so it helps to set the mood beforehand. At the end of the day, there’s no harm in trying! So get those candles burning.